Launches #Harkadambetikesang: Leadership ki Tarang 2021, a nationwide campaign on Girls’ education
Room to Read India runs a nationwide campaign called #Harkadambetikesang: Leadership ki Tarang 2021- An influential, two-week campaign in solidarity with girl students across the country and in light of the upcoming International Day of the Girl Child on 11th October ’21. Phase I of the campaign was implemented in July earlier this year, and phase II began on 28th September ’21 and will continue till 12th October ’21 across 6 Indian States. A series of online and offline activities are implemented in Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, and Uttarakhand.
Further, Room to Read India plans to do a Podcast Series called ‘Hausle Ki Dagar’ narrating stories of girls and women who have stood in these times of adversities and despite the several challenges, especially last year, have made considerable efforts and demonstrated Leadership in various ways to create hope for themselves as well as their peers and community.
This 120-minute webinar will be scheduled on zoom platform with the Ministry of Education officials, education practitioners, and other interested partners, like-minded organizations, and stakeholders together to discuss:
- Curriculum and Pedagogy in a Post Covid World – Identifying aspects for teacher education and preparedness to reach out to girl students especially and make education a gender transformative space
- Highlighting Learnings and Gains from the pandemic for girls’ education: especially relevant from a life skills perspective
- Ensuring Teaching and Learning approaches are able to take on from digital and blended learning solutions designed during covid induced school lockdowns
- Policy Level changes and priorities by Civil society
- Room To Read’s approach and strategy to ensure this
Docente - Investigadora Educativa.
Doctora en Cs. de la Educación, Magíster en Desarrollo Curricular y Licenciada en Relaciones Industriales.