Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Continuing | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 6
$81,377 – $86,765 p.a.
IDS Platforms Lead – Student Learning & Teaching
Information & Digital Services
Under general direction, the role is responsible for contributing to analysis, support and coordination activities related to the ongoing operation and development of the relevant platforms and applications.
The role is also responsible for supporting the stable, reliable and performant operations of the relevant platforms and applications.
Key Position Responsibilities
The key position responsibilities include:
Technical Management & Support
- Supporting the technical change, configuration and release management process for the relevant platforms and applications in alignment with IDS frameworks, principles and standards.
- Contributing to requirements analysis activities, interpreting business requirements and translating into technical requirements. Supporting business change impact analysis to identify appropriate change management activities to support system changes.
- Contributing to the continuous development of relevant platforms and applications by analysing, configuring, testing and documenting new functionalities and capabilities.
- Supporting the timely resolution of issues and customer queries in collaboration with other relevant IDS teams.
Technical Vision & Roadmap
- Supporting the relevant stakeholders in developing and implementing the vision and associated roadmap for the platform and applications.
- Assisting with the development of business cases for new or enhanced technologies and solutions to support the delivery of the roadmap.
Technical Knowledge & Excellence
- Assisting as required with both formal and informal market scanning and benchmarking activities to be aware of emerging market offerings and trends.
- Periodically participating in knowledge building activities and events to be aware of latest/best practices for their area of responsibility and to keep skills and knowledge up to date.
- Supporting the provision of timely and effective advice and support to customers and stakeholders by identifying improvements to support services.
Risk, Governance & Ways of Working
- Supporting an agile based way of working to manage, refine, and prioritise the activity backlog based on relevant customer and IDS priorities.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating risks related to the activities being undertaken by the role in line with IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant IDS and Flinders University policies and procedures.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the role as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in Information Technology or relevant technical area, and / or equivalent relevant experience in an IT environment.
- Well developed thinking, planning and analytical skills.
- General experience in agile ways of working including exposure to scaled agile methodologies and/or collaborating and delivering through a matrix structure.
- Well developed self-improvement and growth mindset/approach to the role and as part of a wider team.
- Well developed interpersonal influence and demonstrated ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and customers across a diverse organisation particularly during the design, management and implementation of customer solutions.
- Experience supporting and maintaining Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) applications and Software as a service and enterprise applications and systems.
- General knowledge and experience in the design and execution of application upgrades including planning, test plan, execution and program close out using good change management principles and practices.
- General knowledge of the principles and practices of the software development lifecycle.
- Higher education experience advantageous.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new staff members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions and limited exemptions.
Information for Applicants:
You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59pm:
18 May 2022